Sunday, November 4, 2012

Team Challenge Progress To Date

It's getting so close...  < one month to the big race and ~ a week and a half left of formal fundraising!  Thanks to my outstanding supporters, I am extremely close to my goal of raising $2,700 for The Crohn's & Colitis Foundation of America.  I am nearly 85% of the way there, and you can track my progress on my donation page.

This past week's donor honor roll:

  • Tom Diehl
  • Steve & Lisa Holzem
  • Shiv am Shah

Thanks so much for your generous donations!  You have helped change the future of Crohn's disease research and, ultimately, treatment!  I can't wait to run those 13.1 miles with your support behind me.

Training progress

I am back!  After the recovery, and slowly building back up my endurance, I have finally been able to get back to my training program as scheduled.  I completed my 9 mile long run last Sunday and was able to start some speed training this past week.  Also, there is more good news, which helps my running endurance... my hemoglobin levels came back up thanks to the iron infusions.  I actually have a hemoglobin of 11.3 mg/dL, which, while still lower than normal, is higher than it has been for me since February.

I still feel a bit nervous about the race, as it draws close.  Who knows what will happen, but the point is not to win (or even run fast)... the point is just to cross that finish line.  If I have to stop, I have to stop.  If I don't have to stop, great!  Whatever happens, I will finish those 13.1 miles.

My most recent science post

I encourage you to read my latest science post about an article that got recognition on NPR's Science Friday.  It is some of the more interesting Crohn's research that I have read, and I think it could be a new therapeutic strategy for GI diseases.

No comments:

Post a Comment