Sunday, August 19, 2012

Team Challenge Progress: Week of 8.13 to 8.18

Thank you all for helping kick start my CCFA Team Challenge fundraising!  It has been a great first week, and thanks to your extreme generosity, I am about a quarter of the way to attaining my goal of raising $2,700 to support Crohn's research.  Check out the progress bar on my fundraising page!

This week's donor honor roll (in alphabetical order by surname):
  • Kate Coates-Hensley
  • Tim Cooper
  • Jane Glasser
  • John Glasser
  • Joshua Glasser
  • Matt Glasser
  • Jane Hagner
  • Paul Hess
  • Kassandra Holzem
  • Katherine Holzem (have to support my own mission)
  • Kyle Holzem

I would also like to give special recognition to the week's top donors... Paul Hess, Joshua Glasser, and Jane Hagner!

Training progress update

I have not yet set or started a formal training program for the half marathon, because I will probably use a roughly 12-week program... meaning I need to start in sometime in September.  However, I have been continuing my normal day-to-day runs for general fitness, and this past week I logged a total of 36.5 miles, and although I have not been keeping detailed track, I would estimate my comfortable, average pace to be somewhere in the ballpark of 9 minutes per mile... not too shabby for me.  My running endurance, and the frequency with which I need to make stops, have improved with my current medication regimen, so I hope things continue to get better with regard to my Crohn's symptoms this fall.

Team Challenge Kick-off Party

This upcoming week, the St. Louis Team Challenge group will have it's Kick-off Party for the Las Vegas half marathon.  It will be held Wedneday, August 22 at 7:00 pm at the Forest Park Visitor's Center Learning Lab.  I mention this to let you know it's not too late to sign up to be a Team Challenge participant for Las Vegas.  Go here for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment