Sunday, August 26, 2012

Team Challenge Progress: Week of 8.19 to 8.25

Thank you to my awesome donors for the week!  I continue to be amazingly humbled and awestruck by your generosity, and I am > 45% of the way toward reaching my goal of $2,700 to support Crohn's research.  Check out the progress bar on my fundraising page!

Here's my donor honor roll for 8.19 to 8.25 (in alphabetical order by surname):
  • Anonymous donor
  • Christopher Barrett
  • Kathleen Barrett
  • Nathaniel Ginder
  • Sarah Gutbrod
  • Brian Holzem
  • Nancy Holzem
  • Lena Loewenstine
  • Sarah Richards
  • Allie Roisman
  • Emily Roisman
  • Keri Walton

I would also like to give special recognition to the week's top donors... Brian Holzem and Nancy Holzem... and also an anonymous donor!

Training progress update... and an exciting day for me

At this point, I am continuing my daily runs for general fitness, and I have logged another 36 miles in the past week.  I also made a major breakthrough for my future training... I ran yesterday morning!  This probably does not sound like that momentous of an event to most of you, but due to my disease activity, I had pretty much given up running in the morning.  So, basically, I am continuing to improve on my current medicines (so much so my doctor has recommended starting to taper down the predinsone).  Amazing!  I had to stop during the run a couple of times, but nothing like past experiences.  Now, the next step will be doing some running outdoors (as opposed to on a treadmill... where facilities are always nearby).  This is all very good news for my ability to complete, and maybe actually perform well, during my half marathon in December.

No comments:

Post a Comment